Wednesday, December 27, 2006

roller coaster of life

wednesday morning i was feeling melancholic after volunteering for the christmas celebration held in office for children with cronic ilness. very sad seeing such a handsome boy, the one i was assigned to take care, facing a tough life. 4 years old. handsome. clever. mischiveous. yet deep down he's suffering. i hope he has a long life and can live his dreams on being a policeman and catch naughty boys.
wednesday night was a great night for me. mom and my nephew came and since then my day is fully occupied with the 'lil rascal.
thursday morning, just as i entered my office i got a message that my uncle, my dad's elder brother, passed away. i was sad and there's a regret in me too. i seldom visit him when i am the only family he had from his side. it's just the thought of going to hougang that always made me think twice before visiting him. the last time i visit him was during hari raya, such a good niece i am. too bad dad postponed his visit here, else he should be able to see his brother for the last time. he couldn't make it but my bro-in-law came and though my bro-in-law didn't see the body he stayed for the tahlil and at least there's someone else apart from mum, my nephew, and myself.
spent the next few days there and taking my nephew out here and there. it was quite tiring but at the same time i do enjoy all the impromptu family gathering we had in my late uncle's place.
he's the 4th family member that passed away this year. its like a tradition in my family, if there's a death in the family another 2nd and 3rd death will follow. this time around 4 in a year ...
no one can predict life and i do learn my lesson - never wait until tomorrow to visit the elders...

No comments: