Saturday, December 02, 2006

demanding patient

so i've been under the weather for a week now. when my cough started i went to the company doctor - just few floors below. i was told to take precautions, not sleeping with my aircon on, drink more water, avoid spicy food, and all that stuff. he prescribed me the typical singaporean's cough mixture, one that is not strong for my indonesian body, and a normal lozenges. i know that when i started coughing it'd take months to get rid of it, i normally ended up being asked to go for chest x-ray - always with the same result 'your lunges are clear'. so after the monday run, i started to developed a slight fever but i bare with it, working and floating at the same time until i couldn't take it anymore, i went to see the doctor. met the same doc i met last friday. though he wanted to give me a medical cert, i told him not to as i couldn't afford taking leave. all i wanted was something stronger, as i told him only silomat works for me. he was a bit reluctanct to prescribe that cough mixture, you know it cost more. i ended up getting it and another type of lozenges, something better though not what i want. so today, as my cough is getting worst (apologies to all my workmates for my non-stop-coughing-and-clearing-throat) and i could only sit down feeling like i'm floating thanks to my slight fever, i went down to see a doctor again. as usual, i always call before going down so i won't have to wait long and this time around there's only one doctor available - the same one. went down when its closer to my turn and upon seeing me he smiled, i guess what first came to his mind was 'don't tell me silomat doesn't work now'. well, as usual i couldn't take the mc but i asked for him to prescribe me another lozenges that works better (and of course, it's more costly). i got it of course. that's a tactic when seeing company doctor, request for the best medicine if you know it - else they'll prescribe you the normal one. now that i've got all the best medicine, sleep without aircon, i hope i can recover soon. 3 more days to the run man!

No comments: