Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Had quite a weekend.

Spent saturday at home watching 5 hrs of Lost on AXN.. yippeee next week will be the final 5 episodes - hopefully I can catch it back home and that I don't have to give up to my nephew's craziness of nickelodeon channel.

Went out at night to pick up my friend who's in town for business. From her hotel we went to have some satay and walked around clarke quay. It's been quite a while since I met her, so there's a lot of stuff we talked abt. From there we went to orchard, meeting another group of friends who's actually gathering as one of my senior was also in town.
Spent time at the karaoke place - well, they sang n I only sat watching and singing to myself :).
I always find it weird to sing out of tune with ppl you're not that close with - though they're my friend Im not that close to them.
Guess it true what ppl said abt me, kinda have different personality w/ different type of ppl. If they were my school friends like biki n juwi, I'd definitely sing like Im the best singer in town haha!

From there we headed down to swensen for ice creams n some finger foods - adios healthy diet ;p.
We spent time talking 'til we're kinda tired before heading back home ard 2 am n went to sleep ard 3, my friend stayed at my place so we chit chat b4 going to bed.
geez, so many things to share in such a little time.

Still feeling tired, we went to little india early in the morning as my friend's flying home in the evening. Had a great breakfast - masala thosai, samosa and a mango lassi - its great to see my friend who's not used to this kinda food enjoying every bit of it.
Spent time shopping afterwards, went to geylang where I met my aunt who so called be our 'guide' in the market as Im not familiar w/ the place n my friend needed to get some things that her in-laws asked her to.

Back to her hotel then we headed to orchard for some last minute shopping. I parted with her after she met her colleagues n then its my turn to do my own shopping.
Got my creme de la mer - always felt heartache everytime I buy this - and my powder.
Headed down to FarEast buying stuffs my sis ordered - geez, time flies by so fast that I'll be heading home this weekend yay!!

Its very tiring especially with the blazing sun, but its fun as well.

Went home feeling very tired. but then my aunt called saying that my grand aunt is hospitalized.
So there goes my rest, went out to fetch her then both of us went to hospital.

Seeing my aunt there made me think abt my life.
She's alone n had a problem 'cos there's no one to take care of her 24/7.
Yes you can hire a maid, but since she's living alone in a 2 room flat, there's some government rule that made it difficult for her to hire one.
Of course my aunts n uncles take care of her as well, but if u think abt it it's not the same with ur parents or kids taking care of u and they also have their own family to take care of.

I started thinking what if it were me, then my mind wandered around - as usual.
Hmm, I hope this won't happen to me, I don't want to stay single for the rest of my life...
Guess I'll just have to wait for cupid to play its role huh

Ended my weekend with loads of ironing while watching Oprah!
Thank god I woke up early the next morning and headed down to the gym for my 1st class of the week - bodypump.

No comments: