Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Witch Of Portobello

i really love this book! well, its unrealistic but i never put religion or reality in mind while reading any of his books; just grasp what's written in between the lines. and as always, it moves me. it makes me question myself. and as usual it motivates me. it's true though that being true to oneself is not an easy thing to do. it takes a lot of courage, hardwork, and at times sacrifice to get to that point. but when you do, you're feeding your own soul with happinnes, something that can't be bought with fame, fortune and great career. another one of his masterpiece that makes me ponder about my own life. i have to admit that few things i did for the past year were the result of his books, his words. and i'm not surprise this book will influence me in one way or the other. gosh, i really admire athena's courage.
its just so sad to read the 2nd last page of the book, knowing that i had to put an end to my reading. i had tears in my eyes the moment i closed the book.
Athena's great problem was that she was a woman of the twenty-second century living in the twenty-first, and making no secret of the fact, either. Did she pay a price? She certainly did. But she would have paid a still higher price if she had repressed her natural exuberance. She would have been bitter, frustrated, always concerned about 'what other people might think,' always saying, 'I'll just sort these things out, then I'll devote myself to my dream,' always complaining 'that the conditions are never quite right.'"
- Deidre O'Neill, known as Edda

1 comment:

Simply Baby said...

hi ...

yeah i know about it from facebook :)