Saturday, June 21, 2008

My Daddy My Hero

i don't know why but by the end of my prayer my mind just wandered off to dad. i couldn't help but started thinking about everything, how i always call home to talk to my nephew, mum, sister, niece but never once did i call just to catch up on him. if he picks up the call we normally started with the usual, me asking about his grandkids or about something that's going on there but after that the receiver would be transferred to someone else. other than that, i only call him when i'm in need - be it of help, opinion or advise. and what do i give in return? man, i couldn't even top up his prepaid card on time to retain his mobile number here.
how i wish i could make him happy. i know he's contented with everything he has, especially that 3 grandkids of him, but i know there's something else that could make him happier and that involves me. suddenly i miss him so much that i ended up just sitting there thinking of him. God knows what's in my heart so i didn't have to voice anything out but just sat and had a silent conversation with Him. i realised there and then that what i have set my mind on recently, is not only for me but for my parents as well. i know they don't want anything in return and they're happy for the person i am today, but i just want to give them more. and in this particular moment, i miss dad terribly. so i called home in hope of hearing his voice, and guess who picked up the phone.
you're one in a million and a million in a one. i will (always) be my daddy's girl ....

No comments: