Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Exception

i know i promised myself to treasure life and never complain about anything anymore but today i will break that promise and i don't care!
my day started bad when, trying to reach office before 9am, i took a cab only to get stuck in a crazy traffic thanks to F1. seriously, i don't think singapore is ready to organise that event. it's just funny to close cbd area for that. most taxi drivers i met expressed their frustration as well. in their words "you see, block there block here and erp still on who want to go in and collect passenger" - i can't agree more. due to the congested traffic and waiting for the cab to drop me at the lobby might ended up with me reaching office at 9.30ish am, i decided to alight when the traffic light was red and brace the heavy downpour. i ended up at my desk around 9.05am only to be called to my boss' room. there we discussed about some duplicate data which has yet to be identified if it's the central issue or our local issue. i was sooo darn close to bursting when somehow the checking is now my job. wth!! a month ago during discussion, we agreed that i'd write a macro in excel for the operators so that they can start the day checking the number of count; somehow its now mine. i know my boss is worried that with the new structure operators will be deployed to other department and we'll be solely handling technology. and i think her asking me to do this now is her way of not getting this job hanging when the new structure takes place. oh well, alright i'll do it now. but she gave me an idea to add something more on my expectation with the new structure - to be involved in managerial process instead of operational
process! hah ..
on a totally different and lighter note - SPCA called me yesterday asking if i noticed any improvement on the guinea pigs. i updated them on what i saw the night after i made the call. apparently they didn't meet the people staying there so they left a letter by their front door, hence our assumption the action was taken because of the warning letter. i was now given a job to monitor the living condition of those guinea pigs and call him directly if there's something concerning me. haha, alrighty mister!
ahhh ... now i feel lighter. okay i'll go back to my promise of trying not to complain much and focus more on the small little things that make life wonderful. starting now!

No comments: