Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Open Road

i went to a talk earlier. since its a closed talk, i couldn't ask anyone to join me. at first this made me a little hesitated to go but since the topic is just to good to be missed, in align with what's on my mind, i rsvp-ed and went on my own. and i'm just glad i did that.
i'm not going to blog about the topic discussed; more on the good things that i've encountered during the event. firstly since i was alone, i had to make an effort to make acquaintance, if not friend. that ended up with me getting an info that i seriously need for next week. during the talk itself, i casually engaged the person next to me in a joke. that too ended up with me receiving the document without having to wait for the organiser to distribute it.
all these kindness i've encountered are definitely signs that what i'm planning to do is worth doing. it also reminds me that at times you have to get out of your comfort zone, depending on no one but yourself to do what you want. had i gone with someone else i might've not be engaged in a deep conversation with a stranger during dinner. had i sat next to an acquaintance i might've just smiled casually to the stranger next to me. which reminds me to that famous quote, where there's a will there's a way.

No comments: