Monday, July 21, 2008

Treasure Hunt

people who knows me knows my affection to france - the country, the language. the movie.
i think dad plays part in my affection on anything france. we always had a night where dad would play slides about his years while studying there. i knew about cabaret show and moulin rouge long before i know moulin rouge. ever year he had to visit the country for few months and we *me* always looked forward to seeing the pictures and books he'd brought home with him. i enjoyed listening him talking in french whenever he brought his french's colleagues home. i love listening to the french songs he played at home. i love opening the book again and again simply to enjoy the pictures.
so i decided to take french in high school as one of the school activities. so much in love i was that just after months of taking it i joined the french club enrolling in competition here and there. i didn't do the talking as well my french sucks but i felt honoured to be picked for the competition even when my job was more on whispering the answer to my friends who would then said it out loud. i was so excited to visit the country in 2002, it felt like i was living my childhood dream. dad told me that i'd be excited when i see the country because everything is beautiful and he was darn right on that. i took the language again only to take a break after the grammar is getting too complicated for me.
as years go by, my infatuation towards the country lessen and my love towards the movie increased - i love the simple, close to reality, open ending style. one of their movie is definitely up on my favourite list. i don't think i ever feel disappointed watching any of their movies, actually. my french language is deteroriating with the lack of practice, but not my passion for their movies. so i just feel happy that today, on my way home, i managed to get my hands on their movies - one that i've been wanting to see for so long *in fact this is a prequel to my favourit movie*, another one who's in my list to watch and one that hopefully won't be disappointing.

No comments: