Monday, March 12, 2007

a week's recap

so i went home last week and spent the next 6 days at the hospital. see mom, being single still has its advantage. you don't have to worry about anything when i am the one spending my nights at the hospital. the operation was done on monday. we were quite worried when the operation that was supposed to be around 1 - 2 hours lasted longer. apparently the surgeon said mom's was a bit complicated as her gall bladder was surrounded by fat. at the same time she has her hernia removed as well. after she'd been stitched up, the surgeon checked by pressing her tummy and that was when he found another hernia on her right side and they had to open and did another removal. anyways, everything went smoothly, alhamdulillah. i spent my last night home watching video of the surgery. there were lots of fats in her that need to be burnt to reach the gall bladder. so i guess some fat burning was done to her too - 3 in 1! imagine that :). once home, typical mom, she started doing cooking and others when she wasn't allowed to. ended up in the emergency on saturday night as her dressing fell due to lots of movement.
she left the hospital on thursday so i have the opportunity to meet my friends on friday. yippee.
met juwi first at ps (plaza semanggi?? :D) then we went to citos where we waited for biki to arrive before heading for our dinner. meetup was great as usual, and we did lots of talking. someone need to unbotton something while the other one need to fasten something during the meetup. it was fun as usual. we took the opportunity of this meeting to take pictures at a nearby photobox. i wish i could find the pictures we took before my leaving to batam. *i posted the 3rd picture right?*
overall my trip home was good, i managed to spend time with my niece, sent my nephew to his sempoa and piano class, and spent time with lots of relatives who came to visit my mom. thanks to all my sweet friends who kept on messaging me asking about my mom - very sweet of you guys. bisous

1 comment:

juwi said...

Iya, Bab, sebagai single kita punya cara lain (selain memberikan cucu, maksud gue, hehehe) untuk berbakti ke ortu.