Thursday, February 08, 2007

Durian oh Durian

i am not a durian mania. i do eat durian, but normally 3 pieces is my max. back home, it's like a ritual for us to sit in a circle while dad opens the durian and we start to eat after that. though i only eat a few, i'll still sit together to help opening the durian and pass it over. even our cat, andres, joins the ritual and eat (or should i say lick?) durians just like us human. so everytime the durian tree at home bear fruits, i'll be the last person to feel excited. i just enjoy seeing it falls and seeing my cats sniffing at it.
that's why i find it strange when suddenly, out of nowhere, i have cravings for it. on my way home yesterday i ended up buying a pack of durian. $20! blimey. the seller insisted on me getting two pack when i myself was thinking of sharing that one pack with my flatmate. after insisting on just one pack, i texted my sis asking if there's still durian back home and if so, keep some for me. her answer? no more. i was quite surprise with my ability to finish the whole pack at one go. let's see if there's some explanation on cravings in the book i'm reading at the moment. bisous

No comments: