Monday, December 21, 2015

December - an update

it's so close to the end of the year and I would like to recap my accomplishments this month now.
let's see ...


  1. I've brought my parents Dubai for 6 days; they are happy and I am happy too! though I may not bring them somewhere far next year as I need to save some money for my other dream, I will still think of a short getaway for them next year
  2. I've started my new job. It's totally different from the previous job that I have to keep reminding myself things are different - more 'adult' environment and definitely more diversity; you don't hear people speaking mandarin in a discussion, which is AWESOME! job scope is also different - no more presentation, proposals which I think I will miss it one day, more routine job .. but it's totally new for me. and I aim to learn the business process while doing the work, for my own advantage in the future
  3. I've managed to reach the amount I aimed to save this year! and I have to focus on saving more if I want to fulfill that dream of mine


on another note ...
I went to an ex-colleague's wedding last week; met few bosses from the region, one of them cornered me asking the reason I left and sharing what she heard from the other side. well, it's a little too late for that seriously, but always good to know that some people still appreciate you. Buddha approached me to say hi as he wasn't around on my last day, some excuses given which I just decided to listen and can't be bothered about it. Invited me to a team event, which I politely declined. Asked why I only went out for lunch with one person, well .. do you ever treat me like you care when I was around? Isn't it too late for now? Glad I am out of that toxic environment.

now, going forward ...
What do I want to accomplish in 2016? in summary:

  • I want to achieve my dream weight by my next birthday! but I want to aim to lose at least 5 kgs before the end of January 2016
  • I want to pick up running again and I aim to run in every city I visited - this is my 2016 resolution!
  • I want to save money, at least 50% of my monthly earning so that I can achieve my dream of being a homeowner in Q1-Q2 of 2017.
  • I want to make my parents happier; and now that there's a prayer room in this company I want to not miss a prayer! Let me be a better me in 2016
  • I still want to travel the world, already have few countries lined up and for this I have to cut down on my taxi expenses
  • Should I take driving lesson? still wondering about this


That's it for now ..
I kinda look forward to my blogging about my January accomplishment - see if I embarrass myself or make myself proud :)

No comments: