Thursday, July 28, 2005

yesterday, my worst nightmare came true

I was on my way back from the gym to the office, attending a conference call at 7 PM.
After my training, I filled my shaker with water n head back to office as the call would start in 15 mins time.
Planning on getting back to my desk to take the files n have some breads w/ my shake b4 heading up to the conference room.

Inside the lift, 17th floor and dukkk, n thats it!
My body shivered all over and i could feel tears in the corner of my eyes - apart from dentist, this is what i fear most.

Trying to be as calm as possible, i pressed the emergency button n the security guard told me to wait for 15 to 30 mins!! and the call is in 10 mins time - Im screwed!!
Lucky enough I could call my boss from inside n let her know that I was stuck so I might be late for I have no idea how long.

So there i was sitting in the corner, taking out my shaker n protein shake powder. Made myself the shake n enjoy it in the tranquility of the lift.
10 mins passed by when there's a sound from the speaker

speaker: ma'am, u still there?
me: of course I am, where do u think I can go
speaker: hold on ya, maintenance will be there in 10 mins time.

Few minutes after that, i heard some bangs - looks like they're trying to force open the door to no avail.
The lift kept on shaking that my mind wandered to movies where the cable was cutt off n the lift drop down.
Hmmm, 17th floor - will i survive it? what must i hold on to if that happen?
silent ... looks like they gave up to force open the door

Few minutes went by and suddenly there's voice from above of me asking if Im still there *stupid question* and asked me to hold on.
Suddenly the lift door opened and I jumped down of the lift n shouted that Im out. Finally!!

back to my desk, grabbed the files n bread, took a lift *again* up to the conference room.
knocked the door, smiled w/ the word sorry and sat down trying to listen to whats been discussed.
made a note here n there and 10 mins went by before the US counterpart said
"well, I guess that's it. You guys did a great job so far. Lets have another call in 2 weeks time, shall we say 10 of August? okay? good - see you then.. bye"

hah!

No comments: